Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salmon cakes

So I have a game I like to play.  When my cabinets are low and I don't have time to go to the store, I look through my cabinets and see what I can make with what I have.

This particular night I made Samon cakes with a lemon cream sauce with some rice.

How?  I had two cans of Salmon and some old bread and spices.


Grate old bread till crumbs.



Open and mix the Salmon and crumbs


Add herbs


Grab and patty the Salmon


Pan sear the cakes in olive oil, just till darker than a golden brown (just make sure that they don't burn).


Putter, lemon, olive oil, heavy cream and herbs (you can add whatever you want to taste)


While I finished the sauce a kept the cakes warm in the oven.


After the cream is added this is what the sauce will look at.



Here is the finished product!

By Rachel Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment