Monday, June 13, 2011

Easy as one, two, three?


I love my house.  It's the home that Chris and I have made.  But there are some days when the projects seem more than I can handle... the list of to dos feels like it is ever growing!















Today happens to be one of those days.  I sat and thought about what I could write about and just couldn't but feel a little overwhelmed at that things I need to do.

My "trick" to get out of this funk:

1. STOP THINKING ABOUT IT! (harder than it sounds but also more profound)
2.  Start small: do something as small as wash the dishes and have  clear sink or make your bed or fluff your couch pillows
3. Decide on one thing that you want to start on (anticipate that you won't be able to do much and if you go past the little you set up to do then you will feel even better!)

I know... you're thinking she's a rocket scientist with ideas like that!  I'm pretty amazing... but then again so are you ;P

It is funny how we forget the basic stuff... worry, stress, anxiety: not helpful.  Nope.  Not one bit.  But oh, how I seem to make my home there!  Why is that?  Because I rely on my own strength when I shouldn't.  I can't do it on my own.  And yes, I do mean my husband, my friends, my family but all the more importantly for me: God.  Oh how this basic concept of trust eludes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment