Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Winner winner

We have a friend who love roasted chicken.  I mean LOVES.  I got  a great deal on this chicken, so we decided we would try our hand at it..  

Easier than I thought it would be and FANTASTIC!

We drained it an pulled out the insides.  Sliced the skin and slid in some butter.  Took some oil to the skin and then topped in with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, crushed habanero pepper and some garlic.



Our oven has a "roast" setting so that's what we used but you could just put in in at 325-375 degrees just till it gets up to temp.



This I had nothing to do with but it was fantastic.  My husband made this from olive oil, fresh sage, basil and parsley, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.


Pink eye beans sauteed with some bacon grease then sprinkled salt and pepper.


This is the dead and sad carcass  that was left but I will make it into a fantastic soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment